Azithromycin is a semisynthetic broad-spectrum antibiotic that is different from other macrolides in structure, pharmacological properties, and long half-life of other macrolides. This allowed, due to the unique properties that distinguish it in a new group of antibiotics called “azalides”. The mechanism of action of the drug due to the ability of azithromycin selectively bind to specific protein molecules microbe and block it in all kinds of protein synthesis, which disrupts cell division and development. As a result, the cell stops in the development and removed from the body.
The history of the birth of a class of macrolide antibiotics begins with 1952, when from a culture of Streptomyces erythreus, obtained from soil samples of the Philippine Islands Paray, was isolated erythromycin, have been successfully applied for many years in infections of skin and soft tissue, respiratory tract and others. However, the low bioavailability of erythromycin when administered, a large number of adverse events (AEs), and rapid elimination, requiring frequent re-dosing, on the one hand, and the realization of clinical significance in human pathology such pathogens as Legionella spp., Mycoplasma spp. , Chlamydophila spp., Campylobacter spp. and other intracellular pathogens – on the other hand, the impetus to the creation of new drugs with higher acid resistance, bioavailability, attractive safety profile and broad spectrum antimicrobial action.
- Azithromycin: the release form – pill
Azithromycin Medicament relates to a group of macrolide antibiotics having a wide spectrum of antibacterial action. Its manufacturer – the company Replek Farm. From pharmacies by prescription physician. Shelf life is 2 years.
- Infectious diseases of upper respiratory tract ( pneumonia, etc.), and complicated by uncomplicated;
infectious diseases of the skin and subcutaneous fat caused by pathogens sensitive to azithromycin (erysipelas, etc.);
various types of chlamydial infections (urethritis, cervicitis, SARS, etc .;
Treatment of Lyme disease.
Azithromycin in the sinus:
- Treatment of sinusitis using Azithromycin has many advantages not possessed by other antibacterial drugs: the drug has a unique pharmacokinetics – even after the drug is sufficient concentration of azithromycin in the inflammation persists for the next 5 days
short courses of treatment (up to 5 days).
- availability last hypersensitive to the components of the drug or drugs of the same group;
severe renal hepatic insufficiency;
lactation or pregnancy;
simultaneous use with drugs ergotamine or dihydroergotamine;
patient age of 3 years.
- Azithromycin mostly well tolerated.
Rarely observed dyspeptic symptoms (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, flatulence, etc.), and allergic reactions.
- Azithromycin is available: tablets and capsules of 125 mg (6 pieces), 250 mg (6 pieces) and 500 mg (3 pcs).
You can find the reviews of people who already experienced the action of Azithromycin treatment on this web-site: “Leila, azithromycin is one of the most effective remedies, I use it each time when I have bronchitis.”